Thursday, April 03, 2008

4/3/08 Bad, bad feet

Better today, but that's relative. Still lots of pins-and-needles all around my feet (heels at the moment) from sitting, plus a painful left arch that's different from the pins-and-needles. That took a lot of fun out of skating this afternoon, but at least the pins-and-needles didn't bother me skating. All this from an easy 2.5-mile run two days ago!

I slept horribly last night, awake frequently from needing to move to renew feeling in whatever region of my feet had gone numb. For the most part, depending on how I'm sitting, both feet experience the same numbness at the same time -- both heels, both 4th toes, both arches, etc; together, mostly. Sometimes even lying down I'll feel it, or not feel it, like last night.

Julian said again today he didn't want to skate, but I was able to persuade him more easily than last week, and he had a great time in his Snowball class. It really helped when he saw Gina and Andrew -- he ventured onto the ice by himself, a first, to follow Gina and play tag! He came back a few minutes later to find me because he wanted to skate with me. Best offer I had all day.

But not all night -- we 2002 moms were long overdue for overindulging in caffeine, sugar and conversation, and had a nice Coffee Night. Good, 'cause I'm tired, and will go to sleep satisfied by the day, despite the troubling foot mystery.

4/3/08

No comments: