Saturday, April 05, 2008

4/5/08 Floor shopping

This morning, Dave and I dropped off all three at Melissa's....wait, on a Saturday?! We had some shopping to do that was best done childless, and Melissa kindly agreed to watch the bunch.

Dave and I went to breakfast, then floor-shopped and plumbing-shopped before picking up the bunch right after lunch. We came home with some flooring samples that Gabriel found quite fun to turn into a puzzle.


I put the samples on the stairwell landing to see how they'd look next to the oak flooring we have upstairs. This attracted yet more attention from the youngsters.


A trip to Target and Trader Joe's was long overdue. I was actually looking forward to these errands with Katrina, as I'm no good at just sitting and doing her thing for more than a few minutes, and at her age (18 months old today!!), these excursions are fun for both of us. Gabriel joined us, in quest of a jumprope, and I was glad he did, as he was able to amuse Katrina, pick up things she "dropped," and keep the shopping cart from rolling in the parking lot. He's my secret weapon to managing my future terrible twos. Hah, payback!

At Target, we scored two new big dumptrucks for the boys. I also got Katrina a little wagon with sand toys, but I seriously underestimated the value of the dump truck. She was screeching and pitching nearly a full-on fit at the Target checkout, in pursuit of the dump trucks. Onlookers and cashiers alike searched for the item that would satisfy her, thinking there was a crisis, but I knew what it was. I've gotten so used to her adamence that I forget how drastic it must appear to other people. No, really, this ruckus really is just about a dump truck that's much too big to hand to her.

Once home, I was able to sneak the trucks out back without her noticing. The boys were thrilled.

I'm not just saying this because I'm hoping not to deal with a girly-girl, but she really, truly is deeply attracted to wheeled things. Good thing, 'cause with that horrible haircut, she's set to be a truck driver!

4/5/08

No comments: