Tuesday, March 24, 2009

3/24/09 Upstairs, downstairs

As a kid, it used to drive me crazy when my parents sent me on errands up and down the 3 flights of stairs in our Brooklyn row house. For a while, I really thought they only had kids to go fetch things from the top story.

History repeats itself. I now make frequent use of all the ready child labor around here to bring things up and down the stairs. There are lots of things I swore I would never do as a parent. Thank goodness that isn't one of them. And bonus, there's three gofers! Well, there will be when one of them doesn't need both hands to get up and down the stairs that is.

I've finally liberated some photos and videos from my camera. I forgot I took these at the restaurant where we had dinner the day we moved. Katrina was unusually cooperative.


Tonight Dave had dinner at a conference he was at all day, so I did a quickie dinner for the kids. This is a view you will tire of soon, but I never will.


The novelty of the island is wearing off though; I keep having to move Julian to the end so he and Gabriel don't fight -- or play! Sometimes them playing together is more disruptive than fighting. Life is most peaceful around here when one of them is upstairs and one is downstairs.

3/24/09

No comments: