Monday, June 29, 2009

6/29/09 Official stuff

I'm exhausted. All scattered thoughts that usually get purged out of my mind into this blog have been buried with hours of mind-numbing maddening e-paperwork for Nebcom, Inc, of which I am owner, sole shareholder, the entire board of directors, and employee #1. I'd like to take this moment to come out in complete favor of excessive CEO pay, as that is something this CEO seeks every day.

Payroll, shareholder distributions, federal and state employer tax payments, wage and withholding forms, quarterly estimated taxes....it's crushing. Still, I never see how an accountant would save much trouble, as most of the work is in the information-gathering. Besides, mired somewhere between the glazed-over eyes and the carpal tunnel syndrome is a tiny perverse sense of satisfaction at having it done.

Julian announced tonight out of the blue, "I believe in God." He paused, apparently reconsidering, and added, "...though I'm not really sure what it means to believe in God."

I need a vacation.

6/30/09

No comments: