Wednesday, July 01, 2009

7/1/09 The Announcement

Julian announced tonight, "I want to be a vegetarian!" Just like his new religious conviction, he's not entirely sure what it means to be a vegetarian, but clearly, he's striving to be something. He thought "vegan" sounded even better, until he heard that meant no ice cream.

The boys were up at 6:30am this morning, Julian dressed (?!!?!???) -- fighting. That explains everything.

Katrina thinks "shopping" means I carry her everywhere when I sneak a dash into Home Depot before picking up monster brothers. Today I didn't have the stroller, and really, that's silly at her age for a quick trip anyway, but she's so slow I still carry her across the parking lot into the store.

Then when I set her down to walk on her own two little feet so I could shop for gas grills, she threw herself in the middle of a main aisle and started a full-on toddler tantrum. "NO MOMMY!! I'm NOT going to WALK!" Oddly, from her, it only brings about bemused smiles from onlookers. Later, she smiled and talked happily about "shopping" as though it were the highlight of her day.

Though I'm very excited about the prospect of searing the bejeezus out of chicken, pork and steak with a new grill, Katrina won't touch anything like that. Sometimes, she'll eat a meatball, but unprocessed meat? No way. In fact, she pretty much lives on rice, pasta and sometimes potatoes. Julian would be proud.

7/1/09

No comments: