Thursday, October 12, 2006

10/12/06 Gabriel, Julian and Katrina get a visit

Laura and Ryan are here, yay!

Baby had me up all night long again, refusing to stay asleep for more than an hour at a time, and often less. After finally calming her, getting her to sleep and putting her in the bassinet, she'd wake up crying not 15 minutes later. This went on from 8pm in the evening until 9am in the morning, when she settled into a deeper sleep. And stayed so until 2pm, including through the racket of Julian's music class!

I plugged in a monitor in the room we're staying in (me, Dave and Katrina), which involved some crawling under a table, reaching for things, getting up and down off the floor and various maneuvers. While they're still difficult, slow and a little painful, at least I can do them now! That awful pregnancy is starting to become a far-away memory.

Oddly, I almost don't want this time to pass too quickly, I guess because I know it's one of those amazing times in your life that you'll look back on as being ... well, amazing. It's hard to believe I'd ever look back on anything about my third pregnancy with fondness or nostalgia, other than perhaps the swimming. But I guess in retrospect -- now that I have one -- it was an amazing time, if not in a pleasant way. But with a very, very positive outcome.

Katrina slept soundly all day again, and is looking to start her antics again of waking up 10-15 minutes after we finally get her down. Please, not another full night of that!

No photos today.

10/12/06

No comments: