Tuesday, January 02, 2007

1/2/07 Milestones

Tonight we all went to Tuesday dinner, with success! We'd been nervous about taking all three kids, but tried it and it worked out fine. The boys were very well-behaved and tried all sorts of new food at the Thai restaurant we went to. Chicken satay with peanut sauce was a big hit.

Katrina needed a little attention; she was tired and I had to walk her around outside in the stroller until she fell asleep. Our friend Steve, who's also a Dad and is expecting #2 in June, held her for awhile, and noted also that she was in nonstop motion. Frankly she's not all that fun to hold when she's like that, which is 80% of the time, it's like trying to cuddle with a prizefighter!

Thanks to seeing someone else hold her, I witnessed two new things. One is clasping her hands together, and two is putting the clasped mass into her mouth, sort of. Gabriel did a lot of that as a baby, putting his hands together in his mouth as he laughed, but Julian did almost none of that. Once again, Katrina takes more after her older older brother, though Gabriel was nowhere near as wiggly. She's also started rubbing her eyes when she's tired. Grabbing things isn't far off! And no wonder, she is almost 3 months old.

Betsy met me at the Y this morning, and I ran on the treadmill briefly next to her. She lasted a lot longer than I did on the treadmill, but my target 6 minutes went by a lot faster having a friend to yak with. We ran into Heike too. The more friends I get going there, the more motivated I'll be to make it!

When I picked Julian up from Childwatch, I came across the most adorable scene. Julian and two little girls, both older than he is I think, were all huddled around a little alphabet puzzle. Julian was pointing to each letter and singing the ABC song, chatting with the girls, and they appeared to all be putting letters into place. It was very sweet. I think Julian wished I would just go away and not cut in on his action -- and it won't be the last time!

No photos today, how did that happen?!

1/2/07

No comments: