Friday, January 05, 2007

1/5/07 3 months old!

You'd think on such an important day that I'd have photos...I don't! Katrina is 3 months old today. Age agrees with her, she gets cuter and more fun every day.

It was an easy day. Gabriel and Julian were in preschool/preK this morning, and I took Katrina to the Y so I could take an aerobics class. The boys were easy and well-behaved all afternoon, and Julian took a nice nap. No major disasters during dinner either.

I got an email inquiry from a headhunter that got me thinking again about my future return to my career. I've been targeting Fall of this year to return to work full-time, and to work on finding a way to work independently and flexibly by the time Katrina is in 1st grade, so I can spend summers with the kids. But does that make any sense? Will I even want to go back then, when I'll have a 1-year-old toddler? Is it more important to be with her now, or when she's older?


Then there's the boys. I'll want to spend fun time with all the kids when they're off in the summers: travelling, camping...but does that mean Gabriel has to wait until Katrina is 5 for this fun adventurous available mom to emerge? He'll be pushing 10 by then.

I don't know how to think about this. I want to work. I want to do things with my kids. I want both. I want everything. I want it all.

Well, at least I know what I want. That's a start.

1/5/07

No comments: