Monday, October 12, 2009

10/12/09 Halloween prep

We finally tried on the boys' store-bought mail-ordered pre-made costumes tonight.



They loved them, but I just cringe. They're so, so tacky and cheap and ill-fitting. I loved making their costumes. I remember making Gabriel's train costume, and how excited and happy he was chatting with me as I worked on it, giving me advice, helping me when he could. They had a definite "homemade" look, but that seems better to me than the definite store-bought look.

But, in my life now, I can't spend hours shopping, cutting, sewing and gluing costumes, especially not times three. And especially not when there's scrapbooking to do! Some costumes aren't easy to make and are very easy to buy (like a race-car driver and a soldier), but others are impossible to buy and easy to make (like the Stop sign that Julian was one year).

At least Katrina can use a hand-me down homemade costume this year: the traffic light. And who knows, maybe next year I'll find a way.

10/12/09

No comments: