Wednesday, October 14, 2009

10/14/09 Resume nights

The last two nights, I've been working hard on updating my resume....a real resume, something I haven't done in 12 years. It's such an odd experience, going over what used to be such a big part of my life. It feels like a post-mortem. Is that really me? I see sentences describing things I did I can barely remember, and can't imagine being able to do now. I see the enthusiasm, knowledge and confidence of a former self. Am I too old to be that person again? Too tired? Or just too past it?

There's a reason I'm updating my resume. I have an opportunity to join -- rejoin -- the company I've been contracting with, as a full-time employee. It's not definite, but the first step is a resume. Reviewing it reminds me of the dearth of confidence I have now. Using my former laurels once again to slide into a new position might be too good a gift horse to look in the mouth.

Can we handle me working full-time? Evenings are awfully hectic around here, what with dinner, lunches, homework, and sometimes-demanding toddler. But I see this is my last hurrah before I commit myself once and for all to familylife. And to my great surprise, I'm cautiously excited about the prospect.

Work is so, so, SO much easier than getting little kids to listen to me.

10/14/09

No comments: